UK changes UKCA advice for Construction Products

The following change to advice does not change the requirement for companies to appoint an Authorised Representative for their construction products. An Authorised Representative has been a requirement since the UK left the EU on the 31st January 2021. This advice only refers to the requirements of applying the UKCA mark to construction products.

This advice applies to products of all AVCP (Assessment and Verification of Constancy of Performance) systems excluding system 4 and states that manufacturers producing products for the construction industry which have undergone type testing and or FPC (Factory Production Control) where an EU Notified Body was involved, can no longer apply the UKCA Mark to those products. These goods will not need to be tested using a UK Notified Body.

Do you need to know more about Construction Products and selling in the UK and Europe then why not contact our expert consultants here at Product Compliance Support.

Are you looking for an Authorised Representative for UKCA Marking, then Authorised Rep Compliance can provide you with guidance on UKCA Marking and guidance on CE Marking.

Buy Self Assessment CE Marking and UKCA Marking Declaration of Conformity Templates

We have a selection of templates available in our Self Assessment Template shop.